Sonntag, 28. August 2016

P.S. I like you - Kasie West


Summary: 
While spacing out in Chemistry class, Lily scribbles some of her favorite song lyrics onto her desk. The next day, she finds that someone has continued the lyrics on the desk, and added a message to her. Intrigue!

Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging full-on letters -- sharing secrets, recommending bands, and opening up to each other. Lily realizes she's kind of falling for this letter writer. Only who is he? As Lily attempts to unravel the mystery, and juggle school, friends, crushes, and her crazy family, she discovers that matters of the heart can't always be spelled out...

Kasie West brings irresistible wit, warmth, and sparkle to this swoon-worthy story of love showing up when - and where - you least expect it.



My opinion: My third owlcrate book. The topic was "Fast times at YA High" and even if I didn't really get into that, the box was great and so was the book.
Okay, I admit that it isn't very profound literature, but is that always necessary? I don't think so.
What I really like about the story is  that letters becomes very important therein. The joy of writing, the joy of recieving a letter, the basic necessity (well, maybe it's only basic for me :D) of a notebook in your bag. All this can be found in this book. And I do have a notebook with me - everytime. And I do have pen pals. With writing letters I found one of the most loveliest person in the world, who by now rather writes books to me than simple short letters ;) Thank you for writing me Michi <3.
And at all, recieving a letter is much better than a mail or a whatsapp message, isn't it?
So you see, I like letters and writing ;).

And also Lilly loves it. She is a typical teen. Always feeling awkward and uncomfortable. She thinks that she has the weirdest family in the world. She hates Cade, a rude boy who seems to have a clever answer to everything and she has a crush on Lucas, the coolest boy in school. But the only person she feels safe with is Isabel, her best friend.
Lilly always carries a notebook with her, plays guitar and writes songs but is too shy to share them. One day in chemistry class, she writes a line of her favorite song on her desk only because class is boring. But the next day she finds another line of the song. Lilly couldn't imagine that there's another person in this school, who knows the text.
And so she starts writing letters with the secret person and chemistry soon becomes her favorite time of the day.
But who is the mysterious pen pal?

I read the book within two days and I really liked it. It is a lovely teenage romance with a lot of funny moments. I totally identified with Lilly (disregarding the family part - I love love love my family and I am thankful for them <3) and I liked the aspect that she shows the reader, that it is sometimes tough to be honest with yourself.

The book shows, what friendship can do and how important it is. And also how good it can be, to see something from a different angle. For example the family thing. Lilly doesn't even recognize, how awesome her family is 'til she learns that there are much worse deals. And especially the parts with her family makes me feel cozy while reading. The two little brothers, who always goof up something, or the older sister, who is maybe a little bit too girlish for me but who is always there for Lilly. And of course the parents who always match with each other in an affectionate way. They reminded me of the family of Lou in "Me before you".

In the end, Lilly needs a lot of courage and has to go beyond herself to find her love and also to save her friendship with Isabel.

The cover is a little bit boring for me, but it fits and behind the book jaket the book is beautiful (white and pink with a graven letter). Unfortunately the white has become a little bit grubby....why do I always have to carry the poor books in my messy bag? O.o
The title reminds me of P.S. I love you - of course ;).

Would you read this book again? P.S. - I would. Haha :P

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.